I’m not a lover of seafood, so when I make anything with fish or shellfish, it’s a treat for Mr Greedy. This is such a popular tapas dish that I had to make it for him – plus, it’s so easy! A couple of minutes prep to slice the ingredients is all you need.
6 tbsp olive oil
4 x garlic cloves, minced
1 x red chilli, finely sliced
300g fresh prawns
1/2 tsp smokey paprika
1 x lemon, cut into wedges
small handful of fresh parsley leaves, 2 x garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
- heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat in a saucepan. add the garlic and chillies (they should sizzle when added to the oil) and fry until the garlic turns a golden colour.
- stir in the paprika to form a paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- add the prawns – again you should be greeted with an almighty sizzle – and fry until cooked through. this won’t take long so keep an eye on them!
- remove from the heat and stir through a squeeze of lemon, then season to taste.
- serve with the fresh lemon wedges and a generous scattering of parsley.