I couldn’t finish my Guinness themed meal without a dessert, and these were great. Quick and easy to make, and tasted lovely both warm with ice cream and cold the next day!
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup guinness draught
2 x cups caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup salted butter, melted and cooled (if not fully cooked, this will cause your ingredients to clump!)
2 x medium eggs
1 x cup plain flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
- preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan oven). grease a square baking tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- mix together the oil, guinness, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. add the butter and continue to mix until well combined.
- add the eggs, and mix until combined. in a separate bowl, combine the flour and the cocoa powder. gradually add this to the wet mixture, mixing continuously.
- once all ingredients come together as a smooth batter, pour the mix into your baking tin. pop in the oven for approx 40-45 minutes.
- i chose to serve mine warm with a vanilla and caramel ice cream, but this is so versatile – it’d be fantastic with irish cream or even a thick custard.